Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Turn and cough...but which way?

Being sick while your main focus is taking care of a baby is difficult, but having twins makes it even more of a challenge. Peyton has bronchitis and I've been sick as well. Cameron has been fortunate and steered clear of the germs. I was feeding both of them as I usually do...in a bobby pillow on each side of me...when I had to cough. Usually, one would just turn their head and cough away from the baby, but when you are surrounded, with your hands up so to speak (or holding bottles up)...there aren't many options. I could have coughed straight up into the air but I figured that would only create a shower of germs for everybody to play in. So, not because I have favorites, but my decision was to turn and cough towards Peyton. She is already sick so it just seemed like the logical thing to do. Cameron smiled at me shortly after as if to say thank you so I felt pretty good about my spur of the moment decision.

On a positive note, Peyton is really enjoying this being sick thing. For some reason she smiles every time I suck her nose out and when I blow my nose. I might have to pick up another bulb suction thing just for fun. I can already imagine the looks I'd get from a babysitter when I give directions for the kids...."If Peyton gets fussy you can just put her in the swing, or pretend like you are sucking snot out of her nose. If that doesn't work here is a box of Kleenex for you to pretend like you are blowing your nose." I'm sure those babysitters will be lining up at the chance to watch the Delgado girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment