Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Baby Imposter

Apparently the YMCA has had a run in with a baby imposter that they haven't gone public with yet. I made my first trip back to the gym today with the babies (yes got EVERY stupid question/comment I complain about when it comes to twins). Now not only do they require the girls to have their own cards with the bar codes on them (One per family isn't enough apparently....now we have 5!) they also had to get their pictures taken...both of them. The VERY smart lady at the front desk didn't like the idea of me having Peyton pose for both pictures. I thought, who better than her identical twin sister to prevent me from having to wake up and unstrap Cameron for her picture? I have to admit, after she took Peyton's picture I was tempted to duck her down beneath the desk and pull her right back up as "Cameron." Would the smart lady really argue with me about identity of my own child? The answer is yes she would have. I was kind of in a hurry trying to get home to feed them but no, lets not underestimate the possibility and importance of a baby trying to sneak into the YMCA. I get it though...I really do understand the necessity of photographing a gym member whose physical appearance will change more this year than any other year of her life. I'm glad the YMCA apparently invested in age progression software that will automatically update the photo to make sure these meddling kids don't continue their attempt to take over the gym. I can't tell you how many times I've had to wait on a 3 month old to get off of the treadmill...they just have no consideration at that age.

No comments:

Post a Comment